In 2015, the headquarters of Atos BTN was relocated. Till then, all Atos buildings had a simple and universal appearance. Visitors and especially employees missed the connection with the core-business of Atos: being a Business Technology Leader. The need to reconnect with their employees grew within the company. Hence parallel to the relocation plans, they developed a digital transformation concept called MyCampus with visible innovative technology throughout the entire building. The new headquarters in the Netherlands is the first Atos office converted into a working environment that breathes digital technology. Actual examples are the introduction of the Business Technology Lab and Business Technology Solutions, both areas dedicated to showcase the core business of Atos. To support their corporate identity, they developed a centrally managed internal and external communication platform driven by digital signage. With this platform, employees are able to read a wide variety of information.
Getting in touch with interactive screens
The epic center of the headquarters is the Atrium, an open space, where many employees spend a significant amount of their working day. This area confirms their status as leader in digital services. It’s a place where people work together, to stimulate creativity and get inspired by new tools. Important inspiration outlets are the many screens placed in and around the Atrium powered by their in-house managed digital signage network.
Next to being a channel for internal and external communication, MyCampus showcases the Atos digital transformation with interactive touchscreen solutions.
The opportunity to develop custom-made applications with PADS4, combined with the knowledge within Atos resulted in the following creative signage solutions:
- Interactive vending solution at the facility desk.
- Meeting room solution with interactive wayfinding near the entrance.
- On-demand touch project solutions showcasing Atos references and videos in every coffee corner.
- Open demo corner as part of the Business Technology Solution showcase.
- A real eye-catcher in the Atrium is the collection of data centers, which are prominently made visible. Normally such data centers are hidden and out-of-sight for everyone to see. Next to these datacenters there is a video wall, divided over three 84 inch screens, serving as digital dashboard displaying real-time managed service hosting and monitoring details, such as server system uptime and status updates, power consumptions or savings.
In a more traditional way, Atos BTN also uses the screens as a marketing and communication channel to colleagues and customers with Atos branded general and commercial information, both Global and BTN oriented. Also in the restaurant and waiting areas, Atos uses the platform to inform and inspire.
The MyCampus interactive signage solution at the Benelux and the Nordics headquarters is an example for future housing projects in every other Atos location in the Benelux, France, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Estonia. With centralized control of the content and uniform corporate layouts that can easily be adapted to the local needs.